Thursday, July 10, 2008

Girls Day at the Beach




Yesterday Rachel and I packed up some lunches, a blanket, towels, camera, buckets, ball, frisbee, and two adorable children and made our way down to Pirate's Cove at Corona Del Mar Beach. Those of you who've been there know that this is no easy feat...But we did it! and it was Fun! Nevaeh was a bit leery when it came to the water and even declared earlier that, "I don't like the beach anymore, It's scary." (She was a a little fish last summer...how quickly they forget) It only took a few clever moves of Rachel the Child Whisperer and she was chest deep in the frigid waters of the cove! Charlotte wasn't on the ground for but a few seconds before she darted off the blanket and, as if she were a starving child with a bowl full of rice, ate handfuls of sand like a scavenger! I waited for the "Yuck this is gross, why did I eat this" look to flash across her face but....it never came. Lo, I had to intervene. Char spent the majority of the time in my arms(thus my buffness;). She weighed in at 23lbs 29in. at her appt. today...must have been all the sand! All in all we enjoyed ourselves and the overcast day watching the sailboats drift by, trying to collect shells carried out to quickly by the mild waves...And Rachel and I took turns yawning all the way home.

My "sweetface"

"Child Whisperer"

Lil' Scavenger


5 comments:

Corynne Escalante said...

yay! new post! i was this close to sending you a little prodding email to post something... i miss you guys. nevaeh looks like she has changed so much. i'm missing everything! :(

i love love love your new photo for your blog. the girls look adorable! love ya.

Rachel was like.... said...

ha! so much for sunny california. it was actually the perfect day to go to the beach. no annoying sunburn the next day. :) "aeh" looks like shes got some attitude going with her hands on her hips...but really its the model deep inside of her waiting to burst out. ;) my favorite is the last one of Char. she looks like she is heckeling louder than anyone. hehe.
o yeah! and thanks for the new title. haha! your a funny one my freind.

sarajeancooksey said...

looks like fun! I need a way to get alerted when you post something new. so if you know how to do that, would you add me or something? I bet my hubby knows how...

ok bye.

Brandi said...

I love the new pictures! I cracked up when I saw the picture of Char Char eating the sand, to cute! I can't wait to hug the girls. Three more weeks!!!!

Brittany Anne said...

Awwww! How adorable your children are!

I agree with Mrs. Escalante with loving the new photo on the top of your blog! Precious!

and Rachel's new title was a nice little chuckle out loud!

Hope you have a delightful week!